Who Can Enter?
All marketers and producers of business-to-business (B2B) communications for industry or professional audiences, including shareholder communications, within the state of Texas are eligible to enter the Lantern Awards of Texas competition. This includes non-profit fundraising directed toward corporate donors as well as BMA members and non-members alike. Review all of the categories to determine how to best enter your work.
What to Enter?
All entries must have been produced in Texas or for use by a Texas company and implemented in the United States between September 1, 2015 through August 31, 2016.
Entries entered into previous Lantern Awards of Texas competitions are ineligible.
All entry forms must be filled out and submitted online. Negligence to do so will result in disqualification.
Winners Gallery Display Board Specifications:
To be considered for the People’s Choice Award, all winning entries must create a landscape 30” x 20” display board. Use the board to tell the story of your entry. No oversized boards will be accepted.
All boards must display the category information
A1 – Microsite
G2 – Large Tradeshow Exhibit
No more than 3 boards per entry
Boards must be delivered to Skyline Displays of Houston no later than 4:00 on Thursday, November 10
Skyline Displays of Houston
Attn: Lantern Awards
7885 Northcourt Road, Suite 100, Houston, TX 77040
If you have additional questions regarding board displays, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Preparing Your Entry Online
Beginning this year, we're accepting entries digitally and only Lantern and Award of Excellence winners will be required to submit boards.
Content included in your online entry must conform to the following specifications:
- Clearly indicate the category in which you want your work to compete.
- Write a character description of the criteria: selling proposition/objectives, target audience strategy/implementation, creativity, and results.
- For each entry, upload a high res pdf or jpg (300 dpi). Multiple files may be uploaded.
- For all entries in Categories A - D, and some in M, N, O, and Q, video file(s) or web link(s) illustrating why the entry should win in that award category should be submitted online with any required login/password to link(s) field on entry form. If a program does not run, or the link fails to work, it will not be judged (unlimited number of web links with your submission).
Entries may be submitted in more than one award category – individual campaign components can be entered both as single elements and as a group in a campaign category.
Entry fees are calculated based on the number of entries and the number of categories into which they are entered (i.e., a single entry submitted in two categories will incur two entry fees).
ALL award winners are requested to attend the Gala and Exhibition for recognition.
- If your submission is a winner of either a Lantern Award or an Award of Excellence you will be notified of where and when to drop off a board for display at the gala.
- Entries may be submitted in more than one award category – individual campaign components can be entered both as single elements and as a group in a campaign category.
- Entry fees are calculated based on the number of entries and the number of categories into which they are entered (i.e., a single entry submitted in two categories will incur two entry fees).
- ALL award winners are requested to attend the Gala and Exhibition for recognition.
- Late entries can be submitted by the extended deadline for an extension fee of $100 per entry.
Fees and Submissions
Entry fees apply to each entry per award category.
BMA Chapter Members Non-Members Single Entry $150 $200 Up to 10 Entries (each) $100 $150 11 Entries or More (each) $90 $135
All payments should be made online. Entries are due by midnight on Friday, September 30, 2016.
The Lantern Awards Committee assembles a celebrity panel of B2B marketing professionals from BMA chapters nationwide to judge our competition.
Judging is a key reason why the Lantern Awards have been recognized as Houston’s most prestigious marketing and advertising awards competition dedicated solely to the B2B industry.
The selected judges dedicate their time and expertise to participate in a rigorous process of judging the contest entries and selecting award recipients.
Each entry is independently reviewed by each judge and scored in four categories:
- Selling Proposition/Objectives: What was your intended goal for the marketing piece, including planned time frame for the marketing message and expected measurable results?
- Target Audience/Strategy/Implementation: Who is selling what to whom and why might they be interested? How was it used within the strategy created? What KPI was used?
- Creativity: Does the creative work address your intended goal? Is the style of the creative work well suited for the audience? Is there something unique and memorable about the creative elements? How does it stand apart from competitors?
- Results: What were the specific, measurable, behavioral results as related to the original objective? Use statistics and tracking data such as words, pictures, objects, and numbers. Using the KPI mentioned, describe your results.
The judging scores for each entry are tallied into a total cumulative score, which is used to determine winners of Lantern Awards and Awards of Excellence. The judges reconvene to select Rookie of the Year, Agency of the Year, Best of Oil & Gas, Best of Show, and Judges’ Choice from Lantern Award winners.
A Lantern Award is given to the highest scoring entry out of all Awards of Excellence within each category. Only one Lantern Award is presented per category, however, one is not necessarily granted for every category. An Award of Excellence is presented to the next highest ranked piece(s) in recognition for marketing excellence within each category.
Selected from individual category Lantern Award winners, either by the judges or gala attendees.
Rookie of the Year: Selected by judges from first-time entrants receiving a Lantern Award
Agency of the Year: Selected by judges from agencies receiving a Lantern Award
Best of Oil & Gas: Selected by judges from overall Lantern Award winners
Best of Show:* Selected by judges from overall Lantern Award winners
People’s Choice: Selected during the gala by attendees from all displayed entries
Judges’ Choice: Selected by the judges for an entry that did not win a Lantern Award, but the judges felt was deserving of special consideration
*The Best of Show award winner may continue on to compete in the international Business Marketing Association’s B2 Awards courtesy of BMA Houston. The BMA B2 Awards is a nationwide competition among BMA organizations all over the world which recognizes and honors business marketers for innovative global brand strategy, customer marketing strategy, integrated internal and external marketing communications strategy, e-business strategy, new media strategy and successful new product and service introductions.
All winning entries will be revealed on November 16, 2016, at the Lantern Awards Gala Exhibition and Dinner. One award will be presented for each winning entry. Additional copies of awards may be purchased after the awards presentation.
Contact email@example.com for details.